Top Florida architects are qualified professionals capable of designing new buildings, and remodeling of old buildings. Architects use their creation and drawing tools to design attractive, functional, and secure buildings. Construction of a building consistently needs architects to adapt the design considering budget, clients’ requirements, and environmental factors. Architects have to work with the entire construction staff and other professionals, including civil engineers, electrical engineers, and public health engineers, interior designers, and even landscape designers.
Architects can also play multiple roles, providing interior design, decoration, landscape designing, and even construction on turnkey basis.
Qualification of Architects
5 to 7 years of academic studies in architecture is required. The architecture includes different subjects, like a design, drafting, graphics, materials and construction, history of architecture, environmental studies, mechanics, structure, landscape, and interior design.
After graduation, the architect has to get registered with the concerned department to get the license for practicing architecture as a professional. However, every country has its own laws different from another country.
After graduating, an architect can further get specialization in any subject to get the degree in Masters, MPhil or Ph.D. Higher degrees can help architects get high salary jobs in universities, colleges, and research centers.
Essential Skills for Architects
• Written and oral skills in communication
• Excellent imagination and ability to bring imagination to paper through creative work
• An ability to begin and end a project in a professional way
• Ability to meet challenges during construction
• Having great skills in making drawings, both manually and using CAD
• An ability to understand project details
• Ability to manage the entire project
• Ability to lead a team of professionals and labor
• Well versed in latest software programs
• Ability to complete a project within the contract time, and within budget
Duties of an Architect
• Designing of buildings, and converting the design to paper through drawings, manually and using AutoCAD, (drawing software).
• Liaising with engineers, quantity surveyors, and construction staff
• Buildings’ planning according to local bylaws and getting approval of design from concerned authorities
• Making documents like presentation reports, proposal writing and contracts
• Making BOQs or bill of quantity with specifications
• Making changes in their design according to construction needs
• Leading a team, including cad operators, junior architects, interior designers, contractors, and construction managers
• Ensure high-quality construction. Frequent meetings with the clients at clients place.
The Secret to Growing Your Home Improvement Business: Customer Satisfaction
10 Autumn Cleaning Tips For Your Home
How to Heat Your Pool With Solar Pool Heating