If you are serious about breaking your buy solo 2 vaporizer ny habit you need a quit smoking plan. Your chances of being successful go way up if you have a plan and do not just quit “cold turkey.” Have a plan.
The decision to stop smoking is one of the smartest you will ever make. Make it count and follow this suggested three step plan to say goodbye to smoking forever.
1) Make the Decision
It sounds simple but this is probably the most important step. Do not go into quitting smoking half-heartedly. You need to know that you want to stop smoking. Many people use a major event in their life; the birth of a child, a move, a health scare, or even the new year to get serious about quitting.
You do not have to wait for a major life event to make the decision to quit. You can make the decision right now. Just make sure you are committed. We are talking about your life here. You need and deserve to be smoke free; commit yourself to it.
2) Beat the Physical Addiction to Nicotine
When you first quit smoking the initial hurdle will be to break your body’s physical addiction to nicotine. This can be hard but keep in mind that it only takes about a week for this addiction to pass. That is about how long it takes for nicotine to pass out of your system.
Use the following tips to get through this week:
- Drink lots of water to help nicotine pass through your system.
- Keep hard candies or healthy snacks around to nibble on when you get an urge to smoke.
- Go for walks or engage in some kind of physical activity to keep your mind off of smoking
3) Conquer the Mental Addiction to Smoking
Over time the act of smoking becomes a psychological addiction; or a habit. Most methods to stop smoking fail because they only address the physical addiction to smoking. But more importantly than breaking the physical addiction is conquering the mental habit to smoke. The mental habit is what causes people to start smoking again years after quitting smoking. Breaking this habit is a key part of your quit smoking plan.
Here are a couple methods that can remove the mental habit to smoke.
- Hypnotherapy-This method puts the recipient into a trance-like state where the practitioner can speak directly to the subconscious mind to help remove the subconscious cravings to smoke. It has proven to be successful but can be expensive as many insurance plans do not cover these sessions.
- NLP-Neuro Linguistic Programming has proven to be a very successful technique to quit smoking. It works like hypnotherapy but is even more successful. In a recent test 5,000 smokers participated in an NLP session to help remove their smoking habit. 97.2% of them were still smoke-free six months later. The good news about NLP is that you can gain its benefits by listening to a recording in your own home. You do not have to see a professional to stop smoking with NLP. It is a great part of any quit smoking plan.